We recently had visitors from Italy who saw some of my work in progress quilts. I’ve always been under the impression that quilts, in our American tradition, were not very popular in Italy. So, when my mom’s cousins expressed such admiration for the craft I was motivated to whip up a quilt to send back to Italy for their newest grandson. It doesn’t get much easier than sewing a bunch of strips together and cutting out blocks from the strips and a coordinating fabric. The stars went on super easy thanks to Stephanie’s discovery of how to use Charlotte’s Web fusible thread. She’ll be posting a tutorial soon.
I am happy to report that this is the first quilt that I was able to put on a mitered border and the binding with ZERO problems. Progress…… You’d think that after nearly 10 years of quilting I would have figured it out long before this one! However, you’d also think that if I was going to boast success I would at least post a photograph of one of the other corners that doesn’t seemed to be twisted. FYI, it pressed out fine!
Sorry this last picture is so huge! I tried to upload a couple of times as other sizes but it insisted on staying at this current one!
The fabric I used is from a collection called Little Blessings by Andover Fabrics. I used King Tut thread by Superior and it was WONDERFUL! I don’t think I’ve used a thread to quilt with that I’ve been more happy with. It was smooth and substantial and gave me no problems at all.
As the name implies, the quilt was pieced, appliqued, quilted, and finished within a few days. I’d bet it could be done in virtually a day if the kids didn’t need to eat!!